White Plains — An impressive list of municipal authorities, community leaders, clergy, Pace Law faculty and students and law enforcement attended The Benefits and Limits of Civilian Review Boards panel at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University located at 78 N Broadway, White Plains, NY.
The interactive panel discussion with law enforcement, members of the Albany and Syracuse Civilian Review Boards, and the President of the National Association for Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement included:
- Frank L. Fowler, Syracuse Chief of Police
- Brian Corr, NACOLE President and Director of Cambridge, Mass. Police Review and Advisory Board
- Ivy Morris, Vice Chair of Albany CPRB (Citizens’ Police Review Board)
- Zach Garafalo, Albany CPRB
- Mallory Livingston, Chair, Syracuse CRB
- Yusuf Abdul Qadir, Director of the Syracuse Chapter of the NYCLU
- Raniece Medley, Esq, NYC CCRB
The panel was moderated by Law Professor David Dorfman at the Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University.
The 2017 Annual NACOLE Conference
This September in Spokane, Washington, NACOLE and the oversight community will come together to discuss the changing landscape, inevitable challenges, and the determination to continue the work to affect real and sustainable reform. This year’s annual conference will feature four tracks:
- Current and Emerging Issues
- 21st Century Policing
- Effectiveness & Impact
- Correctional Oversight
Within these four tracks conference, attendees will be able to choose from 31 different concurrent and plenary sessions. In addition to attending these sessions, you will be with hundreds of others in the ever-growing community of civilian oversight practitioners, community members, law enforcement and correctional officials, journalists, elected officials, students and others working for greater accountability, transparency, and trust. You will be a part of a learning and networking event that will provide inspiration, ideas, and practical knowledge to overcome the challenges ahead and continue the work.
Scheduling information and registration is now available for the 2017 Annual NACOLE Conference. More information can be found on the NACOLE website at http://www.nacole.org/2017_
AJ is a Father, Author, Writer, Rapper, Radio Personality, Hip-Hop Historian and A Freelance Journalist whose byline has appeared in several print publications and online sites including The Source, Vibe, the Village Voice, Upscale, Sonicnet.com, Launch.com, Rolling Out Newspaper, Spiritual Minded Magazine and several others.
You can also hear AJ every Thursday morning at 7:20 A.M. on Good Morning Westchester with host Bob Marrone on WVOX
Latest posts by AJ Woodson (see all)
- Kevin Powell Files Federal Lawsuit Against Producers & Writers Of New Tupac Shakur Biopic, ALL EYEZ ON ME - June 23, 2017
- Cosby on Father’s Day - June 22, 2017
- PRODIGY OF MOBB DEEP DEAD AT 42 - June 20, 2017